1. The research articles
submitted for publication to the Indian Journal of Economics and Development
are given a unique identification number.
2. The Chief Editor/Editor decides upon the relevance of the manuscript to go through the normal review process if it is appropriate to the Journal's Aims and Scope.
3. If the article full fills the Aims and Scope of the Indian Journal of Economics and Development, then the article is assigned to reviewers for a double-blind, high-quality, and fair refereeing process.
4. The reviewers are
encouraged to provide informative comments on the manuscript to the Chief
Editor within 3-4 weeks of the initial submission.
5. Based on reviewers’ comments, the Chief Editor recommends whether a manuscript will be published without changes, accepted subject to changes (minor/major), or rejected.
6. The Chief Editor’s decision on the manuscript is rapidly communicated to the authors.
7. Once the article is re-uploaded on www.soed.in after revision by the corresponding author, it will be subjected to Editorial Review. If the Editorial Board is satisfied with the revised version of the article, then it will be processed for publication. And suppose the article is not revised satisfactorily. In that case, the article will be returned to the corresponding author for further revision(s) until and unless it meets the standard and format of the Journal.
8. Accepted manuscripts that are subjected to minor or major changes are expected to be accordingly revised and resubmitted by the authors in a timely manner.
9. The Society of Economics and Development shall furnish authors of fully accepted papers with galley proofs for the correction of printing errors.
10. Authors are encouraged to return the proof within three calendar days of submittal to expedite manuscript publication in the approaching Journal Issue.
11. When the final version of the manuscript is accepted for publication, a formal acceptance letter will be issued and sent to the author(s). Authors are requested not to propose further changes to the final accepted version of the manuscript.
12. Once the manuscript is published, The Society of Economics and Development shall not be held responsible for errors that are the result of authors’ oversights.
13. Membership in The Society of Economics and Development is mandatory for all authors for the publication of an article. The membership fee is payable on the acceptance of an article. The membership fee paid voluntarily will not be refunded in any case.
14. The hard copy of the Journal will be sent to the corresponding author only. The soft copy of the journal will be sent to all member-authors of the Society.
15. It may be noted that the rejection and withdrawal of the article will not be notified by email. The authors are requested to check the status at https://soed.in/login.